My blog, A Thousand Miles from Kansas has been nominated for ‘The Sunshine Blogger Award’! Thank you Andi from Diary of A Gay Dad. https://andiwebb.net/ for the nomination! I always love reading his posts and watching videos of his beautiful family. I am humbled and honored that you thought to nominate me. According to my research, ‘The Sunshine Blogger Award’ is a peer-recognition award, where bloggers can nominate the bloggers who are super creative, inspire them to grow, and bring positivity to the blogging community. Again, thank you Andi for thinking of A Thousand Miles from Kansas!
The Rules of the Nomination:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 people and ask them new 11 questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their posts.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award in your post.
My answers to Andi’s questions are as follows:
- What brings you the most happiness in life?
Spending time with my wife and two cats brings me happiness every day.
- If you could ‘do it all again’? How would you have done ‘it’?
If I could “do it all again”, I would pursue a career in music, writing, or be a fireman!
- Following on to that. Who would you be now?
Well, if I did it all right, I would be a successful musician, music producer, or writer! And if that did not work, I would be a fireman!
- What makes you get up in the morning?
My wife’s beautiful face and the possibilities that every new day can bring.
- Do you like Dalmatians? And if so, why? Yes! I do like Dalmations. They just look cool! Also, they get to hang out on firetrucks!
- Apple’s IOS or Android? And why the preference?
Apple. I’ve had Apple products since day one and they all just integrate seamlessly.
- What’s your ‘Porn name’? Add your first pet’s name to your mothers maiden name!
I will skip this one!
- Do you ever give a political opinion on your blog? I choose not to. So, why do you (or not)?
I choose not to get into politics on my blog as I try to keep things positive!
- I have a design degree but also did year 1 of a geology degree! What 2 opposites make you happy?
I love the beach on a hot sunny day, but need those thunderstorms and torrential rain to sit under cover and reflect with all the sounds and smells that rain can bring.
- What started you blogging?
I was on sabbatical from teaching and I love music, I love to travel, and I love to write. Time plus the love of music, traveling, writing, and the encouragement of a friend equal the blog A Thousand Miles from Kansas!
- Now, we have all engaged with the image of the rainbow over the lockdown period! I want to see a real myriad of colour now, so my final question is ‘what is your favourite colour?
Now my questions (and my own answers!) for my nominees for ‘The Sunshine Blogger Award”:
- What is the last book you read? Upstream by Dan Heath
- What is the next book you are going to read? To Hell and Back: The Last Train from Hiroshima by Charles Pellegrino
- What are your favorite genres to read? Non-fiction and Sci-fi
- What is the last song you played on your preferred listening device? Vicious by Halestorm
- Who when and where is the last live music concert you attended and where? KISS Dec 14, 2019 Morioka, Japan
- You can only take 5 albums with you into quarantine, which ones do you choose?
- Rush – Moving Pictures
- Tom Petty – Wildflowers
- Bruce Springsteen – Born to Run
- Halestorm – Vicious
- My Hillsong Music Playlist of Praise Music
- Once travel restrictions due to COVID-19 allow travel, where is the first place you want to visit? Hawai’i
- Who is your favorite author? Ray Bradbury
- What is your favorite writing instrument to use when not on a digital platform? Legal pads and Sharpies
- Do you believe that cursive handwriting should still be taught in our schools? YES, very much so. It is a skill and art that we as humans should not lose.
- What is one life goal you still want/need/hope to accomplish? Travel to Iceland and Machu Picchu…extreme opposites!
My nominations for The Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Lisa https://southernpatches.net/
- Caralyn https://beautybeyondbones.com/
- Lize Bard https://wandererhaiku.wordpress.com/
- Keith Garret https://keithgarrettpoetry.com/
- Jim S. https://musicenthusiast.net/
- Craig Ford https://craigfordfineart.com/
- Crystal Byers https://crystalbyers.com/
- Luna https://lunatheblog.com/
- Penumbra Haiku https://penumbrahaiku.wordpress.com/
- Bill Bisgood https://bilbis.wordpress.com/
- David Guerrieri https://davidguerrieriwrites.com/
I look forward to my nominee’s response to my questions! Take care everyone and stay safe!
This is such a nice community good feel thing. Happy to know you are nominated.
LikeLiked by 1 person
oh yes, sometimes wonder how quieter life would be if not for this
LikeLiked by 1 person
wishing you the very best in the times ahead
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you…same to you!
so much to do Greg, but great to see you in here….all the best….